Polo forest, also known as Vijaynagar forest, is a dry mixed deciduous forest near Abhapur village in Vijaynagar Taluka, Sabarkantha district, Gujarat, India. It is located at the foothills of the Aravalli range and on the banks of perennial Harnav river, spread over the area of 400 square kilometers (99,000 acres). It is an example of southern tropical dry deciduous forests with subtype dry teak forests (5A/C-1b) according to Champion & Seth classification. After monsoon, between September and December, the forest becomes lush. There are more than 450 species of medicinal plants, around 275 of birds, 30 of mammals, 9 species of fishes and 32 of reptiles. About 79 tree species, 24 of herbs and shrubs, 16 of climbers, 18 of grasses and bamboos are reported in the area. There are sloth bears, leopards, panthers, hyenas, water fowls, raptors, passerines, four-horned antelopes, common civet, jungle cats, and flying squirrels. During winter, the forest attracts migratory birds during winter and wetland birds during monsoon. The forest also has the endangered Grey Hornbill and Brown-headed Barbet. The forest is at the boundary of teak forests in India as teaks do not grow north of Valley of Harnar River. It is a forest north of Narmada River where multiple levels of trees are easily distinguishable.
- A/C Transportation Ahmedabad to Ahmedabad
- Jungle Trekking
- Meal (Breakfast, Lunch, Hi-Tea and Dinner)
- Experienced Tour Manager
- Historical Place Visit
- Games & Much More
- Mini DJ Garba, Dance
- Camp Fire
- Adventure Activities
- 5% GST will be extra.
- Meals which are not mentioned in inclusions.
- Any adventure or sports activities.
- Any personal expenses like laundry, telephone bills, and tips etc.
- Any other item which is not specified under cost inclusions.
- Any entrance fee to any monuments.
- Travel Insurance.
Terms and Condition:
- Above is just a quote. Rooms are subject to availability at the time of confirmation
- Ferry sailing is subject to weather conditions. Alternate arrangements will be made in case sailingdoes not take place due to weather or payload restrictions. However, we will not be responsible for refunding any amount due to non-sailing of the ferry and will be governed by our cancellation policy.
- Cancellation policy is as per hotel and ferry policy.
- If a Camp is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike decided by management team etc.), we will issue the full fees. Cancellation is on full fees Otherwise you can change your camp dates if it is possible by us. The cancellation charges For National Camp / Tour:
- Cancellations before to 90 days from the start of the journey – Full Refund.
- Cancellations between 89 days and 48 days to start of the journey – 50% Refund.
- Cancellations less than 47 days to the start of the journey – No Refund